At Book Hardanger, safeguarding your personal information is our commitment. We handle your data securely, in compliance with legal standards, and always with utmost respect for your privacy.
To facilitate your booking(s), it's essential that you provide accurate and complete details as required. The information you provide will be used exclusively for processing your booking(s).
Our Service Providers reserve the right to use images or videos of you for lawful purposes like advertising, publicity, and web content. Prior to any publication, consent will be sought in accordance with legal requirements.
We are responsible for handling personal data of existing, former, and potential customers, as well as users of our website and other customer interaction channels. This responsibility is upheld in a lawful and secure manner.
- Collecting personal information
- Recording personal information
- Safely storing personal information
- Disclosing personal information
- Removing personal information
Information provided by you may include:
- Contact details: Full name, address, phone number, email address.
- Order-related data: Activities/accommodations purchased, payment/invoice details.
- Customer history and communication records.
- Travel information: Date of travel, health-related details regarding disabilities or allergies.
- Corporate information: Job title, company affiliation.
*For business customer bookings, the aforementioned data may be collected, including employer details.
Data collected about you may include:
- Technical data: Web browser, operating system, device information, language settings, and IP address.
- Usage data: Duration of website visits, browsing time, clicks, navigation details, and entry points to our websites.
- Location data: Information about your location during website visits.
Why do we store personal information?
We retain personal information to facilitate communication and offer optimal service. To deliver our services and products, specific information is required. We only store relevant and necessary data based on your request and customer relationship with us. It may also be relevant to provide information about desired products/services and related offers.
Managing and fulfilling your orders: This typically involves utilizing contact information and order data, necessary to fulfill our agreement with you.
Providing customer service and handling potential claims: For this purpose, contact information, order data, and communication records are typically utilized, fulfilling our agreement with you.
Bookkeeping purposes: Order data is primarily used to meet legal obligations such as bookkeeping and tax laws.
Marketing purposes (sending newsletters and digital marketing on our websites): For this, contact data, usage data, and location data (with required consent) may be used. You can withdraw consent at any time.
Site access, user experience improvement, and service enhancement: Technical data, usage data, and location data are typically used for this purpose. Our legal basis is your interest in site access, relevant content presentation, and a favorable user experience. In some cases, we may seek your consent.
Your personal data may be aggregated into anonymous data for statistical research and reporting.
How long do we retain your data?
- Compliance with legal requirements (e.g., tax, accounting laws - usually five years).
- Retaining data relevant to potential claims (five years post-purchase date). Data may be retained for longer durations in case of outstanding payments or active legal disputes.
- When consent is the basis, data is retained as long as consent is provided for specific purposes.
Where do we store your data?
We store your personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA). It might also be stored on servers outside the EEA. When transferring personal data outside the EEA, we implement appropriate measures (e.g., standard contractual clauses, Privacy Shield certification) to safeguard your privacy.
Transfer of your personal data
We engage subcontractors (sub-processors) to process your data. These may include third-party service providers such as booking and purchasing services, accounting services, marketing, sales, analytics, and IT service providers. Data processing agreements are established with all subcontractors, even those outside the EEA.
- Necessary functions: Essential for basic website operations like security, session management, login, language preferences, and order placement.
- Analytics: Allows us to monitor web traffic, analyze user behavior, and create statistics.
When we collect and process your data, you have privacy rights:
- Right to information: Receive more details about our use of your data.
- Right of access: Obtain a copy of your data.
- Right to rectification: Request corrections to your data.
- Right to be forgotten: Request data erasure if no longer necessary.
- Right to restrict processing: Request suspension of data usage.
- Right to data portability: Receive your data in a transferable format.
- Right to object: Object to data usage (e.g., unsubscribe from marketing).
- Right to prevent automated decision making: Avoid automated decisions (e.g., automated credit scoring).
If you believe we haven't processed your data as per regulations, you can file a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority. In Norway, contact Datatilsynet. Contact us initially to address any concerns.
How to contact us?
For queries about your data or exercising privacy rights, contact us at email@example.com.
Book Hardanger AS
Lægreidsvegen 2a | 5783 Eidfjord | Norway
Tel: +47 909 62 700